StumbleUpon.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snake Venom Addict

A young man named Pilu Sahay of Bansjhal village in India’s Chhattisgarh Jashpur district has a bizarre addiction of consuming snake venom.

To fulfill his need for venom, Sahay first catches a snake from the forests or other open fields in the vicinity of his village, extracts venom and stores it for his use.

Sahay, now in his thirties, claims to have been consuming venom for the past two decades, 21 years to be precise.

He also catches poisonous snakes from the adjoining villages and later frees them in the forests for the safety of fellow villagers.

"I have an addiction for snakes, I get myself bitten from the snakes. I eat the venom by mixing it with uncooked rice. The bites do not scare me, in fact, I love being bitten by the snakes. For me, consuming snake venom is like consuming any other food like pulses," Sahay said.

Sahay further mentioned that he learnt this skill from his master whose name was not disclosed and who also had a habit of consuming venom.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP